Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The AFSC® is pleased to present members with a programme for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to encourage excellence in the Feng Shui industry. We are committed to promoting Feng Shui as a profession which contributes to the quality of life for people at home, in business and to generally improve health, wealth and environment.
A Professional Member of the AFSC® who is undertaking Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and suitable for the high standards of practice required of a competent Feng Shui consultant is known as an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®.
An Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®:
- Has a commitment to maintain and build their knowledge annually.
- Understands the importance of optimising their present and future career development, their business and their sense of personal satisfaction.
- Is willing to undertake random audits to ensure they maintain a high standard.
- Has an above average commitment to their professional education.
- Understands how continuing their professional education is beneficial to their clients and the professionalism of the Feng Shui industry.
Why choose an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®?
It is important to acquire education in the knowledge and practice of Feng Shui and to continuously refresh this knowledge through further education.
Accredited Feng Shui Consultants AFSC® extend their skills via:
- Participation in Continuing Professional Development
- Attending the various Feng Shui institutes, colleges and schools worldwide.
Choosing an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® assures that your consultant is dedicated to maintaining their professional skills.
Becoming an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®
An Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® must:
- Be a Professional Member of the AFSC®
- Be a participant in CPD
- Undertake a minimum amount of professional learning per year
- Seek new knowledge and skills each year
- Be committed to learning Traditional Feng Shui.
An Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® may use their accreditation to promote their professional activities, for example:
J Smith, Accredited Feng Shui Consultant & Professional Member AFSC®
J Smith, Accredited FSC AFSC®
An Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® is:
- issued with the official Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® logo to use on their website/promotional material
- given a priority listing in the AFSC®'s Members Contact List
- included in a special list of Accredited Feng Shui Consultants AFSC®.
What is Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
Professional Development is educational learning that develops knowledge and skills. By participating annually, the practitioner's Feng Shui knowledge will be sustained and enhanced, making CPD an essential aspect of professional practice.
Feng Shui practitioners undertaking CPD ensure their skills and knowledge are deepened and updated. By participating they receive recognition for their efforts, achieving the status of Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®.
Our clients have a right to quality services provided by accredited practitioners.
High standards produce better outcomes for clients as well as building the reputation, earning capacity and status of the Feng Shui industry.
CPD ensures members maintain a high standard of practice through continued learning, such as:
- attending or running conferences, seminars and workshops
- writing, teaching, mentoring
- professional reading and learning.
CPD develops and updates knowledge and skills to provide a high quality and ethical standard of practice to clients.
The AFSC® encourages all members to participate in CPD for the credibility of the profession of Feng Shui and its maintenance of high standards.
Commencement of the CPD Programme
Professional Members submit their online CPD Form to declare they've completed the required CPD points for the preceding year (the form is password accessible via the Professional Members amend form). They can commence the programme at any time during the year.
To accompany the first application to participate in CPD, the AFSC® requires the Professional Member to submit one Residential and one Commercial Feng Shui report for evaluation to ensure high standards of practice are met.
The applicant must also submit, in electronic format (please DO NOT POST), or preferably via a link to their website, all their relevant Feng Shui training certificates to ensure they have participated in sufficient training to become an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®.
The AFSC®'s sophisticated automated website system will notify the Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® when their CPD Form is due every year.
The AFSC® reserves the right to amend and update the CPD programme as required.
The CPD Process
Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® members participate annually in learning activities that attract a point score. They are responsible for:
- recording their CPD points (a CPD Form is supplied)
- submitting a CPD Form annually confirming they've met the annual requirements.
The AFSC® expects members to deal ethically and responsibly with their performance and self assessment.
The AFSC® conducts random audits on participating members to ensure compliance with CPD requirements, by asking for proof of participation in the activities stated in their CPD Form.
- Members may be asked to explain the relevance of any activity to their professional development.
- Members should retain receipts, certificates, etc. to demonstrate they have undertaken the activities in their CPD Form. This documentation should be kept for three years.
- Members unable to substantiate their CPD claims under audit will have their Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® status withdrawn. In such cases any payment will not be refunded.
Responsibilities of the AFSC®
- Approach various Feng Shui schools, universities, Training Institutes and other private providers for inclusion in CPD
- Offer Feng Shui schools, universities, Training Institutes and other private providers free AFSC® membership (conditions apply) to encourage participation in CPD
- Establish a CPD approval process for approving CPD eligible programmes from Corporate Member: Training Institutes
- Promote CPD Activities
- Develop programmes for members to complete CPD requirements.
The aim of the CPD Programme is to encourage a high standard of excellence in the Feng Shui industry.
Members who wish to retain Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC® status and are prevented from complying with CPD requirements because of illness or special circumstance may apply for exemption for one year.
Trainers, lecturers, authors and Training Institutes for the Feng Shui industry please note:
Join as a Corporate Member: Training Institute (Feng Shui) or (Complementary) to increase students and traffic to your site and encourage more participation from AFSC® members and the public in your activity. Apply to be a recognised Training Institute and you may add the following logo to your site: