Benefits of Membership
Report from AFSC® Secretary Kerri Rodley on Committee achievements 2011-2012 (November)
New committee members 2012/2013
President – Jodi Brunner
Vice President – George Bennis
Secretary – Kerri Rodley
Treasurer – Kylie Egan
Membership – Ana Brandao
Education – Edgar Lok Tin Yung
Media & marketing – Rob Brown
General members – Susana Bastorrica, Andre Bendl, Lizette Akouri
Achievements to date:
o Training courses attended to run associations
o Facebook and Twitter were set up and are utilised as part of marketing
o New website launched June 2012
o Website has new database for members to update their own details
o Yahoo Groups page for members to discuss issues
o New membership levels changed from Platinum, Gold and Silver Member to: Professional, Student, Associate for suppliers, Corporate Members for training schools
o Currently have 20 Training Institutes as members
o Honorary Members & Honorary Life Members
o New accreditation program being introduced - An Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC(R) is recognised for their high achievement in being committed to the ongoing professional development.
o Levels are Accredited Feng Shui Master and Accredited Feng Shui Consultant
o Registration of AFSC and AFSM with IP Australia
o IP Australia Trade Mark registration of AFSC®
o The merging of Feng Shui Network and the Feng Shui Society of Australia into the AFSC
o We are part of the global Feng Shui Alliance
o We have a new Constitution based on the FSSA model
o Task force for social media
o Task force for implementation of accreditation
o Task force for Newsletter
o AFSC Excellence Awards – 5 February 2013 Melbourne
o Chinese New Year Gala Dinner with 5 speakers
o World Feng Shui Day
AFSC now has representatives around the world
WA – Theresa Fairlie
Brazil – Andre Bendl
Sydney – Lizette Akouri
Melbourne - Luise Leggatt
Brisbane – Rita Ackerman
Italy – Gabriele Signorini and Omero Solman
Professional Affiliation & Status
AFSC® is one of the largest Feng Shui Associations in the world, membership of the AFSC®:
- Gives credibility to your business
- Supports you with a Code of Ethics
- Supports you in disputes
- Enhances your reputation as a professional
- Gives you credibility when writing and publishing articles
- Network with professional practitioners and others interested in Feng Shui
- Promote your membership of the AFSC® with our logo on your website and advertising materials
- Yearly Membership Certificate suitable for framing and display in your office/on your website (Accredited Feng Shui Consultants AFSC® and Professional Members only)
- Shows your dedication to the Feng Shui profession.
Online Directory of Accredited Feng Shui Consultants, Professional & Corporate Members, Training Institutes, Corporations and Suppliers
- Top rankings in major search engines, fantastic opportunity to be found
- AFSC® is active in advertising including Google ads which have seen our listing become prominent with a fantastic number of hits on our website in addition to other media representation
- Clients can find you
- Bio and picture listing for Professional Members (and above)
- Link to your website
- Certain membership levels are eligible to be 'Practitioner of the Day' on every page of our website, randomly chosen by our trusty computer every 12 hours
- Be quoted in our 'Why I Joined the AFSC®' listing which changes randomly with every page change
- AFSC® members are offered discounts and incentives from our Corporate Member: Training Institutes and Suppliers
- When a new Corporate Member joins, AFSC® will notify all members
- Once a Professional Member has been approved as an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®, all AFSC® members will be notified of their achievement.
Upgrade Your Skills
- Professional Members are invited to participated in our Continuing Professional Development Programme
- Gain credibility by demonstrating your ongoing committment to upgrade your skills
- Become an Accredited Feng Shui Consultant AFSC®
- Become an Accredited Feng Shui Master AFSC®
- Become a mentor and leader in your field.
Online Interaction & Support
- Connects you to Feng Shui professionals
- Ongoing discussions on theory and case studies between members
- Sharing of knowledge.
- Articles by members and practitioners
- Updates on industry activities
- Venue for advertising.
- Discounts and incentives for members from Corporate Member: Suppliers
- Invitations on courses and events and offers from Corporate Member: Training Institutes
- AFSC® Accredited Members are encouraged to primarily attend those events organised by recognised Training Institutes in order to gain CPD points.
- AFSC® is registered with OAMPS who provide our members with the best insurance rates in Australia. These rates are only made available to members of AFSC®.
Annual Members Conference
- Fantastic speakers
- Wide range of subjects
- Awesome opportunity to network with consultants from all over Australia and the world.
- Meet with local Members worldwide at meetings organised by local AFSC® Representatives
- Local informal meetings
- Local training/speaker meetings
- Attending AFSC® organised events gives Accredited Members double the CPD Points
- Opportunity to become a Representative of the AFSC® in your local area.
AFSC® Membership Area
Members have access to the AFSC®'s Members Area where they may:
- Participate in the AFSC® Members Forum, ask questions of other members and seniors about Feng Shui and read the archives
- Browse through the AFSC®'s extensive Library which includes ebooks, articles, audio recordings and videos about Feng Shui and related topics including audio/visual speakers' presentations and topics from numerous previous conferences hosted by the AFSC®
- Newsletter Archives from three different Associations
- Extensive presentations from various conferences
- Access to the AFSC® Yahoo Groups list and Members Forum.
AFSC® Excellence Awards
Members are eligible to be nominated for, or enter competitions to win prizes in the categories of:
- Best Commercial Consultation
- Best Residential Consultation
- Best Website
- Best Business Card
- Most Innovative Ideas
- Best Service to the Community
- Most Enthusiastic Student.
The AFSC® had a huge launch of the new website in 2012 and is constantly looking for new and interesting ways to provide more value-added member services. If you have any suggestions please don't hesitate to ask the AFSC® how we can best serve you, as your Association of Choice.